My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, July 11, 2014

Cycling

So Bessie my bicycle and I have been getting to know one another quite well this summer.  I have ridden 186 miles so far with her and hope to reach 300 by the end of July.  August 4th I will be going back to work as a school counselor.

Cycling has been fairly easy on me.  We have a bike rack that attaches to the hitch on my van and I just throw my bike on there, drive 6-7 minutes to the Katy trail and we go.  When the ride is finished, I am hot, sweaty, and dirty.  My arms might be a little sore, but my legs do pretty well.

I had trouble with Trudy Treadmill because she was really rough on my feet.  Bessie Bicycle doesn't hurt my feet...thank goodness!

How will I keep active once I am back at work...sitting in a desk?

I'm thinking of setting an alarm that goes off every hour so that I get up and move.  Sometimes that means going to the classrooms to pick the kids up rather than having a teacher send them down.

Those of you with desk jobs...how do you incorporate movement into your day?

For 19 years I was a teacher so I walked around the room all day long.  Now that I have an office, I am much more stationary.  I've got to find something I like to do every day so that I keep moving.  I'm interested in your ideas!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment