My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 23, 2013

6/23/13

Yesterday was weigh in day.  Of course it would have to follow an evening where I got off track and decided to give in to temptation.

On Friday I had an all day training in town and decided that, rather than coming home for lunch, I would eat lunch with Leslie.  I was careful to pack my own lunch so that it fit in with my WW plan.  Yeah!  Success!

Let me interject that on Thursday and Friday I spent 6 hours seated at a table laden with small, bite size chocolate candy bars and I did not have EVEN ONE!  Yeah!  I am so proud of that!  At one point, I said, "I need some chocolate!" and the lady next to me agreed and was ready to have some with me.  That is when I knew my limits and that having one little bar, would most likely mean having 6-8 of them.  So, I told her I was just joking and that I could not.  She, impressed by my willpower, did not have any either.  Wow!  Willpower plus a positive influence!

So, Friday evening we were going to friends' for a barbeque.  I signed up to bring fruit and chips.  I bought chips that I did not particularly like and fruit that I did.  I really wanted to bring a bun and a hot dog, but after debating how that would go, decided to just have some of the food there instead.  So, I allowed myself to have a a hamburger, but then I went a little wild and had 5 or 6 little reeses chocolate muffins, a piece of cheese, a few chips, and 2 helpings of sweet beans.  After a week of staying on program, this was quite a bit off.

So, when I weighed in having lost 1.4 from the previous week...I took it!  Yes, I slammed myself a little because earlier in the week it had said that I was down 3.3.  If only, if only.  You know what?  I cannot move forward focussing on the if onlys.

So, Saturday we had a funeral in Chillicothe and we went out to eat at Golden Corral afterwards.  I started out with a healthier salad than I normally would fix, but then I had 3 of the honey rolls and a whole plate full of chocolate desserts.  I didn't eat everything on the plate, but...yeah...not so WW friendly.

Back home Tom decided to throw some pizzas in the oven and I decided to give myself the freedom of starting my new WW week on Sunday instead of Saturday.  So...that is what I did!  And so far, so good.

Moving forward I cannot allow myself to focus on my downfalls.  Instead I will get back on the wagon and do my best to have a long ride.  There will be days when I momentarily fall off and as long as I am not stuck there, I will get to my destination.  The less I fall off, the quicker I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment