My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Damaging thoughts

What does working out look like for you?

I started this blog because I found 29 workout DVDs in my possession, many which had NEVER been opened!  I wanted to try each one out, in the time frame of one year.

What I have found out about myself is that I don't finish things.  I get very excited about a new workout DVD, spend the money, purchase it, and then never even use it.  OR...I start a new diet/exercise plan and give up before I really see results.

I want to see BIG results in a short period of time.  Totally unrealistic.  I know.

So, I have set the DVDs aside for a while and I am concentrating on sticking to an exercise plan.  I really kicked this in and then I could feel myself slacking.  Telling myself I will exercise more tomorrow.  I have heard myself say this over and over again.  So, to combat that, I exercised this morning!  Trudy Treadmill and I completed the third week of Couch Potato to 5k!  Yes, the third week!  What this tells me is that I wasn't slacking off as hard as I felt I was.  Today is February 1st.  The last time I exercised was January 28th.  Four days of no exercise.  Not ideal, but as long as I got back at it, not something to be ashamed of.

I set a goal for myself of running an entire 5k by March 15th.  It will be done on my treadmill, by myself, but I do plan to complete that!  And guess what?  Having completed the 3rd week of Couch 2 5K, I am right on track!

So, what does this prove?  That my thoughts and perceptions can damage my efforts to succeed.

Thank goodness for my little log book that logs all my visits to the exercise room since January!  That little book tells the true story.  I have devoted this year to exercising and getting in shape.  I am 1/12 finished!  Wow!  That is pretty amazing!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment