My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Treadmill Desk

Above you see my good friend Trudy Treadmill.  Last year I asked my husband to help turn Trudy into a walking desk.  It was SUPER CHEAP and EASY!!!  He found this 4 foot by 1 foot piece of laminate at Menards for $2.88 (including tax).  I put a little duct tape on the back side so it wouldn't scratch up the arms of Trudy.  Installation:  just setting the shelf on the arms.  That was it!  Easy on and off.

Running with the shelf on is NOT recommended.  :)

I can walk at a 3 mile/hour speed and work pretty easily on my laptop.  Now, when I grade papers, I have to slow it down a little.

If you find yourself hooked up to your computer and sitting a lot, this is a great idea.

I will be honest.  Since I have been training for a 5k, the shelf has been off for a loooong time.  This is our 4th snow day in a row.  I decided I needed some movement so I put Trudy's shelf back on and decided to conquer my emails and create a powerpoint while walking.  I have been working for 68 minutes and have gone 3.4 miles.  Not athletic training awesome, but doing something on my computer does help me pass the time.

Anyone else want to try the treadmill desk?

No comments:

Post a Comment