My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 23, 2014

Compensating for injury

Wow!  Posting 2 days in a row has not happened in a LOOOOOONG time!

Now that my little finger is misbehaving from too much bike riding, I had to re-think my exercise plan for the summer.  A few friends told me that cycling gloves and lowering my seat will take the pressure off my nerve and help with the cycling palsy (if you are confused, see my last posting).  So...I ordered some cycling gloves which should be coming later this week.  I will take a break from the outside bike until I get my gloves.

In the meantime...I put my shelf back on Trudy Treadmill and I am walking on Trudy while I use my laptop.  This will help to continue getting activity in my day and hopefully will not be so much impact that my plantar fascitis starts up again.

That way Trudy doesn't feel left out!  :)

I also need to be lifting weights.  I have so many dvds and books that show me exactly what to do.  The hardest part for me is just doing it!  I have my yearly doctor's appointment in an hour (and I am typing while walking on Trudy).  When I get home, I am going to conquer a weight lifting session!  :)

On a side note, I am going to lug my 3 trash bags full of too small clothing to Goodwill today!  They have been renting space in our exercise room for WAY too long!  :)

Yeah!  I will feel accomplished today!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment