My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 27, 2014

Excited about weigh in!


As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I get on the scale every week and record my weight in a little book that stays in my bathroom.  I do this whether or not I am trying to lose weight.  I think it's been about 4 years that I've been doing this.

I try to post my weigh ins on Saturdays.  I chose Saturday simply because when I went to Weight Watchers meetings, I would go on Saturday (making Saturday my weigh in day).

I like that I write those numbers down because it helps me see the bigger picture.  For example, I can see how much I gain in a year, what my lowest weight recorded is, etc...

Last summer I hit a milestone I wish I hadn't...I hit the 190's.  Highest numbers yet.  At one point this year I was really worried that I might hit the 200 mark.  I don't know why that is so bothersome, but it is.  It is some psychological game we play with numbers.

I can say that I've tried to lose weight this year, but that wouldn't be telling the complete truth.  Truth is, I sure didn't put a whole lot of effort into it.  At. all.  I don't know what my problem is, but I have had the TOUGHEST time being motivated enough to WANT to lose weight.

I KNOW that I dislike my body and the way I feel.  I find it difficult to cross my legs.  Difficult to be comfortable sitting.  I hate looking in the mirror because I do not like who I see anymore.  One of the worst parts of my trip to Puerto Rico was our salsa dancing lessons where we were surrounded by mirrors.  I looked at myself and discovered that in a room of 35 people, I was one of the 5 biggest people.  Until that point, I don't think I realized how big I had actually gotten.  What I saw in that mirror made me disgusted with myself.

Amazingly, since coming back from Puerto Rico on June 16th, 2014, I have started tracking with my Weight Watchers Online tools.  In fact, I have tracked EVERY DAY from last Saturday, June 21st until today, June 27th!!!  I know that doesn't seem like much, but that is the most consecutive days I have tracked for at least a year!  AND...when I got on the scale last Saturday, I was just slightly BELOW the 190 mark, a weight I had not seen since August of 2013!

Tomorrow is my next weigh in day.  I have been getting on the scale nearly every day this week and the scale has not gone below 190 since last week.  Makes me mad, because I have been tracking my food and exercising.  Today I earned 7 activity points!!!  Super excited about that!

So...I am kind of excited to see what the scale says tomorrow.  It may say that I am up, but it may show off my hard work.  Either way, I should be excited that I have completed a full week of diligent food/exercise tracking!  I did use all of my weekly points, but I have also earned 26 activity points this week and I do have 6 of those left over!

I have had a very good, on-plan week!  Yeah!!!!  Now to just keep the momentum going!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment