My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year: A New Me!

For my birthday my mom gave me a book by Chantel Hobbs entitled, The One Day Way.  At first I was a little hurt that she got me a weight loss book.  I mean, what is she trying to tell me?  After a little more thought, I realized that she was actually right on in gifting that to me.  I am a collector of many things.  Two of my favorite collections are books on weight loss/fitness and fitness DVDs.  So...after much complaining I started reading the book.

Chantel Hobbs lost 200 pounds and has kept it off for over 9 years.  That, to me, is phenomenal!  It makes the 50 I would like to lose sound a lot more do-able!  I am not finished with the book, but am highlighting and really taking what she says to heart.  She claims you need 3 things to successfully lose weight:

  1. faith 
  2. food and 
  3. fitness.  
You need faith to believe in your ability to change, food to fuel your body, and fitness to commit to being the best you can be.  I am ready to make a significant change!


Here's what I have done so far:

  • I started sunshine journal where I jot down what I have done to positively make a change in my body.  I think starting today, I will post that on my blog.  These are not necessarily earth-shattering events, just small positive steps that I need to celebrate.
  • I organized all our family dvds.  In doing so, I found that I have 29 fitness dvds!  Sure do!  All different.  Some are actually multiple dvd sets so I actually have more than 29!
  • I decided that my new year's resolution would be to try (that means actively get off the couch and do) each dvd in the year 2014.  I will be blogging about each one.  This is a totally do-able thing!
  • I went to visit Trudy Treadmill, my long-lost friend and started Couch Potato to 5K today.  Week 1, Day 1 down!
  • I tracked my food (even the "bad" stuff) on my Weight Watchers app.
Ok.  So, that is my start.  This is a new year and if I want to make changes, I have to try some new things!  

Happy New Year to you!  What are you doing different this year?

:) Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment