My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hanging in there!

So, this is kind of how I feel right now.  I've started to make some good habits, but it is getting tough to continue.  It would be so much easier just to give up on this healthy stuff and quit.  Add to that mix a stressful 2 days and I just feel like eating everything in sight!

I came home today and my daughter, having known I've had a rough 2 days, had fresh homeade cookies when I walked in the door.  What a sweetie!

Is it bad to eat a cookie?  No.  Then I had another cookie.  And some pita chips.  And I made some dip for the pita chips.  Next came pizza for supper.

What I am finding, is that when I am under a lot of stress, I use food to make me feel better.  And once I eat a little something "non-healthy", I decide that means I can eat a lot of the non-healthy foods.  Well, today, I decided NOT to let a few poor decisions ruin all my efforts.

You know what?  I have put in 12-25 minute (or longer) workouts since January 1!  That is PROGRESS, BABY!  While I might feel like giving up, I really cannot do that.  I NEED to lose some weight to improve my health!  I am going to Puerto Rico in June.  I want to be able to wear appropriate summer clothing and feel good about it!

SO...I thought of my friend Michele, who runs EVERY morning, NO MATTER WHAT!  Here is a picture of her after her run.  Her caption:  "It can be done at 4 below!"

And I thought to myself, "If Michele can run OUTSIDE when it is that cold outside, I have NO excuse for walking downstairs and getting on my bike or treadmill for 25 minutes."  And, guess what?  I went downstairs and got my workout on!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment