My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 24, 2014

Set a date!


Let me just say that I really dislike exercise!  Since the beginning of January, I have been exercising for 25 minutes almost every evening.  As much as I did NOT want to exercise tonight, I made myself do it.

Most of my exercise right now is either riding my stationary bicycle or my couch 2 5k running/walking plan.

I would LOVE to say that I ran an entire 5k, but I have too many issues with feet and shin splints.  What I have discovered is that I do ok on my treadmill, but when I run on an incline or on concrete, then I have pain.  Knowing this, I have decided to run a 5k anyway!  I will be running my 5k on Trudy Treadmill, right in my own basement.  This way, I don't have to worry about the weather, the hills, or the running surface.

I felt it important to set a date for this 5k.  This is my goal, what I am reaching for.  If I don't set a date, then I will procrastinate.  No more excuses!

My 5k is scheduled for the week of March 15th.  This gives me some flexibility, but holds me accountable.  It also gives me enough time to train.  I may not run the entire thing, but I will do my best.  Heck, I might even make a t-shirt for the event!  :)

What do you do to motivate yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment