My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Temptation


Do you ever feel like this?  That was me today.

Choosing healthy over delicious is a VERY tough call!  How do you handle the temptation?  Is it wrong to choose the cake, brownie, chips, (you name it) over the healthy dish?  When is it ok to choose the high calorie/fat/carb dish?

We MUST live on food to live; that is what makes it so hard to make healthy choices.

If I have faith that I can be successful at weight loss, then I can choose the healthy option this time.  Sometimes I tell myself I can have both;  I just have to eat the healthier choice first.  If I tell myself I can't have something, it just makes me crave it more.  If I say I can have it after I make a healthy choice, then I feel empowered.  Mind games like these help me make better choices.  And each time I choose the healthier choice, I am strengthening my resistence muscle, making it easier to choose healthy the next time.

For me, losing weight is a mental game.  Sometimes I do not choose the healthy route.  In fact there are days when I make several unhealthy choices.  Skinny people do this too!  They just don't do it over and over again.

My sister is thin, in great shape, and downright beautiful (both inside and out).  Once a year our parents rent a 4 bedroom/bath cabin for my brother, sister, and my family's vacation.  We don't go out to eat;  we take turns making meals and everybody makes delicious food.  We hang out in the cabin, play cards, listen to music, and eat, eat, eat.  It is a GREAT time.  My sister makes some of the best and fattening food/drinks and she definitely partakes in all that is offered.

How does she say so trim and fit?  She refuses to take home any leftovers because her fridge and pantry are only stocked with healthy food.  She has a gym membership and loves going to kick boxing and spinning classes.  In her basement she has a treadmill and a spinning bike...both items that are used regularly.  The great majority of the time my sister is dedicated to eating healthy and being active and THAT is why she is so physically fit.

I am working to follow my sister's lead.  Today I:

  • chose water instead of coffee
  • wrote down everything I ate for breakfast
Step by step I am changing my habits.  It took me a lifetime to create these habits so it will take a while to create new, healthier habits.  I have faith that I can do this!


What healthy choices have you made today?


No comments:

Post a Comment