My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Leslie Sansone You Can Do! Abs

Cleaning on New Year's Eve I found 29 fitness dvds...many of which I have never used.  I will say that after purchasing each one, I usually watched it for a little bit.  Yes!  Just watched it.  HA!  Real useful that has been.

Well...since finding the dvds, I organized them and decided that I would TRY each one this year and review it.  So, today is the day for the first dvd review!  :)  Happy Day!



I purchased this dvd at Walmart over 5 years ago.  I am sure it was not more than $10.  

Equipment needed:  stability ball

Level of fitness:  Beginner

Grade:  B (because I think it needs to be more intense to experience results)

I chose this dvd to review first because I actually DID this workout once and remember it being easy.  Since my current level of fitness is out of shape, I thought this would be a good starter dvd.  :)

There are 4 choices of workouts on this dvd.  I chose the core workout which was surprisingly short.  It didn't even feel like 10 minutes.

Let me start out by saying that I really never carried weight around my middle until this past year.  Carrying that extra belly weight has caused a lot of back pain so I am a little hesitant to do any exercises that might hurt my back.  

This is a GREAT starter dvd!  The moves were simple and Leslie Sansone walks you through the moves step by step.  I feel that using the stability ball for the exercises really stretched out my core muscles and actually made me feel better.  I did feel like a big dufus trying to get my balance while doing the leg lifts.  Maybe my core muscles are too out of shape or maybe that is just how it is.  I gave up on the ball and just did the leg lifts on the floor when she switched to the second leg.  

While I was pleased that the workout was finished before I expected it to be, I think that to see results I would need to run through it twice or maybe even three times.

Will I do this again?  YES!  I think I will try it out for a week and see how that goes.  :)

What fitness dvd have you tried this week?  I'd LOVE to see your comments.  :)Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment