My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Video Review #2: Hit the Spot CORE COMPLETE

Denise Austin is my all time favorite fitness guru!  I know, some people find her hard to swallow, say she is too enthusiastic, makes too many mistakes in her videos, etc, etc.  That is why I like her!

This woman is in her 50s and looks AMAZING!  She as much energy as my 5 year old nephew and she motivates me!

I have almost 10 Denise dvds.  I love that many of her routines are 10 minutes long.  As a teacher, I was SUPER BUSY and found it hard to find any time to fit in exercise.  10 minutes seemed about all I could do before crashing into bed.

I chose this video because it uses the stability ball.

I will be real honest.  I have gained a considerable amount of weight in my belly and I think that is why I am having a lot of back pain right now.  Weak muscles in the front, causes extra stress on my back.  Yep...no fun.

So, the stability ball offers support for my back.  I like that.

This dvd includes:

  • 5 minute warm up (5 min)
  • Core & upper body workout (15 min)
  • Core & legs workout (15 min)
  • Core & buns workout (15 min)
  • Core Complete Challenge (full body workout=18 min)
Fitness level:  Beginner to Advanced (Denise shows how to modify the moves to fit your level)

Equipment needed:  stability ball and hand weights

Tonight I chose the warm up and the Core & buns workout.  The warm up went fast.  I loved it.  Not difficult, but definitely got my heart rate up there.

The Core & Buns workout also went by fast.  Denise had me going from weights to ball and floor to standing up.  Lots of movement.  There was only one point when I had a REALLY hard time balancing and I felt like a total goon.  I finally, moved the ball and myself close to a chair so I had some stability.  

Other than my own balance issues, I felt like this workout gave me plenty of moves to strengthen my gluteus maximus and my core.  In fact, I could really feel the workout in my thighs after the dvd was over.  No pain, no gain, right?

I would give this dvd an A.
This is a picture of the part where I could NOT keep my balance and looked like a total fool.


No comments:

Post a Comment